PR8E: 8 channel microphone preamp
The new PR8E multi-channel mic/line preamp is the vanguard of the 'next-generation' in the SM Pro range. Using the latest components available and redesigned from the ground up, the PR8E's carefully structured single circuit board design results is an exceptionally low noise pre-amp boasting a very high gain structure.
Tailored to suit a wide variety of applications, the PR8E is perfectly suited for use as a front-end device for many hard disk recording systems, as well as adding additional mic pre's to digital mixers and sound cards.
Each pre-amp features it's own XLR/TRS jack 'Combo' input connector, 48v phantom power switch for the mic-pre and a built-in -20dB pad in the 1/4" (6.5mm) TRS line-in jack sockets. Individual phase reversal switches are provided next to the eight balanced 1/4" (6.5mm) TRS output sockets on the rear panel. All this is housed inside a hardened steel chassis, complete with rack mounting panels.
Each mic-pre provides some 60dB of gain with a massive 23db of maximum output! Ultimately however, the quest is about sound quality. To this end, the PR8E is certainly designed to deliver and will outperform just about any other device in it’s class.
- 8 x discrete microphone preamplifiers
- Line Input: Impedance 47K
- Ultra-Wide Dynamic Range
- Line Input: Min sensitivity -35dB
- Low-Noise Operating Levels
- Line Input: Peak input level +32 dB
- Balanced XLR/combo Inputs and TRS Outputs
- Output: Impedance 600 Ohms
- 48V Phantom Power per channel
- Peak output level:+23dB
- Phase Reverse per channel
- Frequency response: 20Hz- 20KHz 0dB- -0.5dB
- Gain control per channel
- Distortion: 0.005%
- Peak Light Per channel
- S/N: > 105dB
- Mic Input: Impedance 4K7 Ohms
- Crosstalk rejection: >120dB @1KHz; -20dB input
- Mic Input: Peak input level +9.5 dB
- Max Gain: 58dB
- Mic Input: Phantom Power +48V, (switchable)
- Housing: Metal
Professional Audio 6/06