MC04: Ribbon Microphone
This superior ribbon microphone is designed for use in contemporary, state of the art studios, yet offers the unique natural sound previously only available on exclusive classic large ribbon mics of the past.
Perfect for recording studio vocals, acoustic instruments, strings, horns, orchestras and choral groups, ambient sounds, and many other live sound applications, the MC04 is both Powerful and versatile. Featuring that classic ribbon sound, the MC04 meets the stringent requirements of even the most demanding digital recording and live broadcasting applications.
Ribbon microphones offer exceptional detail and transient response due to their extreme sensitivity to moving air pressure. Traditionally ribbon microphones have been used in studio applications for voice, classical, and choir recordings. Audio engineers are now finding that not only are ribbons well suited to these applications but are getting great results on electric guitars, dobros, and virtually all modern day instrument recordings.
Recommended operational areas: Strings, horns, orchestra, acoustic guitars, E-guitar-, E-bass-, E-piano-preamps, drum overheads, piano
- Unparalleled sound of a classic ribbon (velocity) mic
- Frequency Response: 20 to 18,000Hz (+/-3dB)
- Smooth natural extended low and high ends
- Impedance: <=600 Ohms
- Fast accurate transient response
- Max. sound pressure with 0.5% THD: 130 dB
- Low tension 2-inch long, 2 micron thick aluminium ribbon
- Figure 8 directional pattern
- Max SPL: 165dB
- Sensitivity: -56.5dB(0dB=1V/Pa)
- Equivalent noise level to IEC 268-4 (Aweighted): 18dB
- Stunning realism
- including microphone cable
- including mounting set
- including aluminium case
- Net weight: 44 oz (1.230g)