MC03: Valve Microphone
The MC03 Tube microphone offers all the warmth and detail you expect from a quality tube microphone. Vacuum tube(valve) microphones have been appreciated by studio engineers for their warm sound. Because of this, the MC03 is sure to become a much sought-after collector's item. It provides audiophile sound engineers with a classic vacuum tube design combined with high quality components.
New Circuit design
The new circuit design of MC03 lets the user retain this classic sound or by applying Phantom power to the MC03’s power supply, the unit will switch in a different circuit which will give the microphone a totally different sound, smoother around the edges yet cutting thru the mix, some describe it as a real vintage tone.
This Tube condenser microphone is powered by a dedicated AC power supply with polar pattern selector. Nine different polar patterns are selectable: omnidirectional, cardioid, figure 8, and 6 intermediate stages.
Supplied in an aluminium flight case with shockmount and powersupply, the MC03 is a great addition to your studio.
Recommended operational areas: Studio Allrounder
- Powered by a dedicated AC power supply
- 48 Volt ± 4 V Phantom powering
- Nine different selectable polar patterns
- Equivalent Noise Level: 18dB (A weighted )
- Polar Patterns: Omnidirectional, cardioid, figure 8
- Max SPL for 0.5% THD@1000Hz: 130dB
- Polar Patterns: 6 additional intermediate stages, all selectable
- Special multi-pin valve mic cable included
- Valve Model: 12AX7
- Size: F71mm×183mm
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20KHz
- Aluminium road case included
- Sensitivity: 12mV/Pa OR -38.5±2dB (0 dB=1V/Pa 1000Hz)
- Rugged Shock Mount included
- Impedance: = 200 ohms
Music & PC 5/07