Welcome to uMiX digital mixing
WHAT is uMiX?
uMiX is a range of fully featured remote controllable digital mixers.
Rack-mountable or as a stage box uMiX is a portable road-ready mixing solution. The uMiX family includes the uMiX mini (8ch), uMiX 12, uMiX 16 and uMiX 24. A digital mixer for everyone and every application.
Delivering the benefits of digital mixing, uMiX features a pristine 56-bit double precision audio signal path with detailed Parametric EQ, Dynamics, and digital FX available on all channels.
All uMiX models include an on board secure Wi-Fi and Ethernet router and remote microphone preamps providing a truly out of the box remote mixing solution.
Built for both desktop and touch devices, uMiX brings remote access, multi-touch, key commands, and an intuitive GUI with the look and feel of a hardware mixer. All you need is a desktop PC, laptop, tablet or smart phone with a modern web browser. No apps or software downloads. Simply join the uMiX network and take control.
Why buy an analog mixer when you can buy a digital mixer for the same price? Welcome to digital, own a uMiX.
For Mac and ipad, we recommend Safari, and Add to Home screen on first use for full screen experience.
For PC and Android, we recommend Chrome.
It has a full screen feature that works like an app. Start your uMiX software from within the chrome browser page, then go to chrome settings, and click, Add to Homescreen. It will create an application shortcut icon to your device’s homescreen. Then launch the uMiX app from the homescreen, and it should open in full-screen “app mode” using Chrome for Android.
uMiX QUICK NAVIGATION TIPS
Most mixer functions are accessed from the top navigation bar. However, there are a number of navigation features that are found in the uMiX slideout. Click the uMiX button in the top right corner to access, jump to buttons for FX returns, Sub Groups and AUX sends, as well as view groups, and mute groups. Setting up these groups is managed in the TOTAL VIEW page (icon to the right of MIX/GAIN) then the Mutes, Views and Subs tabs.
Access the Channel Popup menu by clicking or holding the channel name.
If you have a keyboard, try:
Key commands (start with 1 through 8, then Q,W,E,A,S,D).
Use left and right arrows in Mix/Gain mode to jump fader banks.
If you are on a tablet, try:
Scrolling channels left & right with 2 finger swipe.
Please note there is no audio on this software demo. The metering is simply in emulation mode.
Updates since Beta release
- Navigation on MIX page
- Double click fader knob to jump to EQ (Double click blank space in EQ to return to MIX)
- Double click fader lane to jump to Meters screen. (Double click blank space to return to MIX)
- Double click channel name to jump to DYN. (Double click blank space to return to MIX)
- PRE/POST: buttons added to AUX SENDS
- PHASE REVERSE: buttons for every input channel added to GAIN page
- GATE added to DYN. with GATE curtain display
- EASY EQ: mode added to Parametric EQ page for simple Bass, Mid, Treble control
- PLAYER CUE BUTTON: To automatically set up next song for play
- New Options In Settings / Config
- MULTI LANGUAGE: English, Chinese and German now working. Spanish and French coming soon.
- SOLO ROUTING (called Solo in Place on some consoles). Option for solo through Master outputs and headphones simultaneously (useful at sound check)
- Solo Mode: Set solo to single channel or multiple channels
- MASTER LOCK: Lock the Master fader so no accidental movement (override with press and hold)
- MIXER SCROLLING: 1 or 2 finger scroll depending on device and personal preference
- 4 BAND PARAMETRIC EQ on input channels
- 31 BAND GRAPHIC EQ on Master and AUX outputs